Thursday, May 31, 2012

1/2 down 1/2 to go..... seriousy







"I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau

Ok friends... Here we are at the half way point.  2012 is half over and I can't believe it either.  When I started this blog in January it was full of hope.  I write today with hope and a pinch of desperation. If at the mention of our halfway point you cringe, shudder and lament,then you know exactly what I mean. 

In January I published a long inspirational list. It contained all the things I was going to consume, how I was going to move and the attitude of my heart. (you can go back and read it if you want) as a blog entry it got great response and as for becoming reality it... Ummm.... Well... It's one heck of a list! My hard lesson is the list making does not equal life living and our days will not live themselves... They will go on, they will continue, they will pass us by if we are not careful, but they will not live.  In order for there to be life in our days we must put it there. 

There is a part of your heart so familiar and yet so neglected that in the depths of your most intimate thoughts you scratch your head in despair wondering how you have not gotten further in that one area.  You have plotted and secretly planned.  You have wondered and researched. You have even made lists. The one thing you have not been able to do is act. That one spark of definable, measurable forward motion has not happened... At least not in a while. 

I don't write today with answers, explanations or a five point plan. I do write to remind you that you are not alone and the one step you are waiting to take can happen anytime. Like right now for example. Make the call, pick up the pen, apply for it...yes you can.. Yes you can... Yes I can.

Today I recommit to the hope of January but with the fire of June. 



1 comment: